The below text comes from an email that Prep President Rev. Tom Simisky, S.J., sent to parents on Monday, April 6, 2020.
Dear Prep Families,
Blessings to you as we begin this Holy Week.
First, let me thank you for your tremendous effort and creativity making remote learning such a success. This has been a true partnership, where everyone has stepped up to fulfill their vital role in ensuring Prep students receive an outstanding Jesuit education throughout these challenging times.
Second, while we had earnestly hoped for a physical return to campus this semester, the tragic reality of events unfolds around us. Prep has been a member of the University's Preparedness Response Task Force closely monitoring national, state, and local developments around the clock. For the safety of our Prep families and our region, we have decided to maintain remote learning through the remainder of this academic year. Some things to note are:
- The final day of remote classes is June 4. Finals will take place remotely June 8 – 10.
- The last day of classes for seniors will be May 20, as originally scheduled.
- The Junior and Senior Proms are canceled.
- Spring sports continue to be suspended. We will follow the guidelines set by the CIAC regarding a spring season. Read the most recent statement from the CIAC.
- Graduation and Senior Week activities are still TBD. More information will follow.
This was a hard decision to make, particularly knowing how it impacts our co-curricular activities and the many ways we build community through social interactions. At the same time, this is a moment when we are called to personal sacrifice for the common good. Though difficult, we will continue to advance online pedagogy, social activities, and service in ways consistent with our mission of Jesuit education. I wish you and your loved ones good health and a restful vacation week. Feel free to reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns.
Wishing you and all your loved ones a blessed and happy Easter,
Fr. Thomas M. Simisky, S.J.
- Homepage news