Seniors Siveyer and Mo awarded CT Science Fair honors
Fairfield Prep congratulates seniors Jonathan Siveyer (left) and Hanson Mo (right) who achieved honors at the recent Connecticut Science & Engineering Fair held at Quinnipiac University.
This year was another successful year for Prep students who attended the CT Science & Engineering Fair held March 14-18 at Quinnipiac University. Two seniors made the finals: Jonathan Siveyer and Hanson (Hanxuan) Mo
Jonathan Siveyer '17 for his project titled "An investigation into the use of fruit peel filters to reduce the level of water contamination"
* 1st honors
* Pfizer Life Sciences Awards --- Finalist - Life Science Senior High - CSF Medallion
* Environmental Sciences Awards with CACIWC --- HS Finalist - CACIWC gifts, CSF Medallion
* Energize CT/eesmarts Future Sustainability Awards --- 2nd Place High School - $300 Cash and Plaque
* GENIUS Olympiad --- GENIUS Olympiad Competition for 2nd Place HS Future Sustainability
* 6 year recognition award
Hanson (Hanxuan) Mo '17 for his project on "The Application of Object Tracking in Surgery Robotics"
* 2nd honors
* Barnes Aerospace Applied Technology Awards --- Senior High Finalist - Medallion
* U.S. Metric Association --- Certificate & $25 Amazon gift card given by CSEF
Other participants from the school included:
Haochen He '19, Shu Guo '19, Daqin Lin '18 and Haoxiang Zhang '18 who were all awarded 3rd honors
Jonathan is a co-president of the Science Fair Club which runs from the fall to the commencement of the competition. The moderator is Science Department Chair Mrs. Deborah Kiel. All interested students are welcome.
The Connecticut Science & Engineering Fair is a yearly, statewide science and engineering fair open to all 7th through 12th grade students residing, or enrolled, in Connecticut schools. An important objective of the program is to attract young people to careers in science and engineering while developing skills essential to critical thinking. Through science fair participation, students are encouraged to pursue independent work using proper research methods.