Prep Golfers enjoy Annual Outing!
Over 140 alumni, parents and friends of Fairfield Prep enjoyed a beautiful day of golf at Great River Golf Club in Milford on June 2 to support Prep's scholarship in honor of former head golf coach Roger Ratchford. The day consisted of friendly competition, great golf and a lot of Prep memories. Special thanks to the tournament committee chaired by John Chiota '86 and consisting of John Chiota '61, Kevin Foley '73, Tom Welch '83, Jim Butler '86, Alex Oracheff '94, Kevin Kozlowski '99 and Rob Weiss ’09.
Special thanks to alumni who helped at the event: Ed Krygier ’60, Ron Grywalksi ’65 and Shawn McDonnell ’72.
The tournament was organized as a scramble and offered breakfast, lunch and (back to Prep for) dinner as part of the Inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame program. Most importantly, the group was able to raise money for Prep. Thanks to Cob Carlson ’71 who produced the Donald Ross DVD that was received by players. Everyone is looking forward to this great event next year.
- 1st Parents Friends – Mike Hoover, Harry Vlandis, Dennis Rothe, Michael Steed
- 2nd Parents/Friends – Mike Mulquin, Mark Pagani, John Panone, Mike Scalzo
- 3rd –Parents /Friends – Mike Bayles, George Blees, Rich Kiel, Patrick Pollard
- 1st –Alumni – Chris Curran ’77 , Sean Kane ‘89, Bob Murphy ’77, Bill Vietze ‘77
- 2nd Alumni – Dave MacKenzie ’77, Dave MacKenzie ’02, Alex MacKenzie ’03, John MacKenzie ’08
- 3rd Alumni – Steve Kinney ’99, Sam Lauria ’98, Dave Yurkerwich ’99
- Closest to the Pin – #2, Mike Murphy ’82, #15 Cob Carlson ’71
- Longest Drive – Paul Keblish