End of Year and 2014-2015 Textbook Information
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
As Fairfield Prep undergoes the transition to 1:1 iPad for the 2014-2015 academic year, the majority of our booklist will be of digital content. As such, our partnership with Follett Virtual Bookstores is no longer viable because they are unable to secure the variety of eTexts, eBooks, and iBooks that our curriculum requires. Prep will be moving forward with a different single source online book vendor for the 2014-2015 school year: ClassBooks.com. Additional information will follow after the close of this school year.
Some important issues that need to be highlighted as we close the 2013-2014 school year:
- There will not be a Used Book Flea Market this year in the Brissette Gym because over 70 percent of our textbooks for the upcoming year will be in a digital format.
- Families who rented books from Follett Bookstore for the 2013-2014 school year have two means of returning them:
- You may return them, at no cost if within the rental period, by following the hyperlinks provided below: RETURN YOUR RENTALS !
- You may return them to the eFollett Textbook Store located within the Fairfield University Downtown Bookstore located at 1499 Post Road, Fairfield, CT.
- Book BuyBack: ClassBooks.com will faciltate a small buyback session in the Prep Cafeteria on the last day of exams, Wednesday, June 11 from 12noon - 4pm. They will not purchase all student books, but based on the needs of the other schools they service, some books will be bought back.
- If you wish to sell your textbooks back to Follett Virtual Bookstores, you may also do so by following this link: SELL YOUR BOOKS HERE
- Donation: If you wish to donate any books that you cannot sell back, Prep junior Teddy Long will be collecting unwanted books in the Arrupe lobby on Wednesday, June 11, to send to Project Educate Africa.
The 2014-2015 Academic Year Booklist, Required Summer 2014 Reading, and the Summer 2014 Assignments will be posted on the Prep Bookstore website starting Tuesday, June 10. Using an iPad is not a requirement for completion of Summer 2014 Reading and Assignments. Please check the webpage regularly as it will be continuously updated throughout the summer.
We understand how important it is for you to have as much information as possible as Prep makes this transition into the digital course materials arena. We will do our best to keep you informed of changes as they arise. In the meantime, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me directly.Sincerely,
Mr. H. Dean Davis
Director of The Academic Center/ Library
Online Bookstore Administrator
(203) 254-4200 x.2441