Used Book Flea Market & Follett Bookstore Buy-Back Event is June 12
Please read this entire email for important information about our 2013 Used Book Flea Market & Follett Virtual Bookstore Buy-Back Event on June 12, and purchasing and selling books for the summer 2013 and 2013-2014 academic year. At this event all students, parents, alumni and members of the Prep community are welcome to sell or purchase used textbooks for the upcoming school year to one another. Parents with incoming freshmen are invited to purchase books for their sons at this event as well. Please bring cash for all transactions. Follett Virtual Bookstore will be present to purchase textbooks and return rented textbooks which will go back into circulation for our Prep community to purchase or rent in the fall. Follett is unable to sell any books at this event.
When: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Time: Doors open 12:30pm. Event ends at 3:00pm
Where: Fairfield Prep's Brissette Athletic Center
Steps to successfully purchase/rent books:
1. Print out the Course of Study (emailed to you by Prep's Registrar). Paper copies will be available on June 12 at the event.
2. Print out (or refer to) the Summer Reading & Summer School/Session 2013 Booklist and highlight any courses your son is enrolled in and those books he needs to read this summer.
3. Print out (or refer to) the 2013-2014 Academic Year Booklist and highlight any courses your son is enrolled in and those books required for those courses. Please note that some editions are required by faculty. Substitutions or other editions are not permissible. This list is subject to updates - so please be vigilant throughout the summer.
4. Print out (or refer to) the Used Book Flea Market packet for detailed information on books that have changed from this current year (2012-2013) to next year (2013-2014).
5. Attend the 2013 Used Book Flea Market & Follett Virtual Bookstore Buy-Back Event on June 12 at Fairfield Prep with cash OR go online on June 7 to purchase books for Summer Reading & Summer Session/School OR go online on July 10 to purchase or rent books for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Follett Virtual Bookstores is offering, in partnership with Fairfield College Preparatory School, a textbook alternative for Fall 2013 – Rent-A-Text! Textbook rental saves 50% or more off the new book price on selected titles. Now when you shop www.fairfieldprep.bkstr.com, many titles will have a new book price, a used price and a rental option –pick the one that best suits your needs!
The following items will be present for you at the Used Book Flea Market as you walk in the doors of the Brissette Athletic Center:
- Course of Study 2013-2014 - Find your son's course names and course numbers for next year. Class of 2017 (incoming freshmen), Class of 2016 (rising sophomores), Class of 2015 (rising juniors), and Class of 2014 (rising seniors) course of study information will be printed and available for you.
- Used Book Flea Market Packet - This packet will have an explanation of the event, official Summer Reading & Summer School/Session 2013 Booklist, and official 2013-2014 Academic Year Booklist. Please note that the Booklist is subject to change at any time. The Booklist has changed from this current year (2012-2013) to next year (2013-2014) and those specific changes are listed in the packet. Please make all attempts to come prepared to the event and know which books you should and should not purchase or sell. This packet will be available in print for your reference. If you would like to view this packet online please check our Bookstore webpage. Estimated prices of all books will be listed for your convenience.
Parking: Please park behind Fairfield Prep in the Senior Lot or in the parking lot behind Fairfield University's Alumni Hall/Recreation Complex.
Buying/Selling Books: All transactions will take place inside of the Brissette Athletic Center. Please do not sell books out of your car. Fairfield University Public Safety Officers or Fairfield Town Police will assist with crowd control.
Prep Pride: Pick up those gifts for Prep grads, new incoming Freshmen, Father's Day and those summer birthdays. Prep Pride is the school's official store for all your Prep gear located next to the school's cafeteria. 8:30am-2:00pm
NEW: Project Educate Africa: Book donations of any unwanted textbook can be made to Project Educate Africa Inc. Prep students will have a table set up for any donations inside the Brissette Athletic Center. Please visit http://www.projecteducateafrica.org/_wp/ for more details.
Fairfield Prep Bookstore website
Summer Reading & Summer Session/School 2013 Booklist - can be purchased from http://www.fairfieldprep.bkstr.com beginning June 8, 2012
2013-2014 Booklist - can be purchased from http://www.fairfieldprep.bkstr.com beginning July 10, 2013
Important Information about the Used Book Flea Market and Book Changes from 2012/2013 - 2013/2014
Please contact Mr. Dean Davis, Bookstore Administrator at (203) 254-4200 x 2441 if you have any questions.