The Campus Ministry Office is established to promote Fairfield Prep's mission and to broaden the opportunities for Christian life experiences of the Prep community. Its purpose is to both provide and coordinate spiritual, service and leadership programs within the context of communal responsibility and the experiences of religious faith. The Campus Ministry Office takes an active role in promoting themes of peace and justice for all. It puts forth great effort in promoting Jesuit ideals and values as well as Ignatian Spirituality where the practice of reflection is encouraged.Spiritual and religious programs such as Kairos, Urban Plunge, and Immersion Projects, Sophomore Retreat, Student Leadership Retreat, Mite Box, and the Sacraments (including school liturgies, reconciliation services, etc.) are components of Campus Ministry. Regardless of their religious affiliation, students are invited to volunteer their services to accomplish these purposes and/or participate in leadership and extended retreat programs sponsored by the Campus Ministry Office.
Campus Ministry goals are:
- To help promote and fulfill Fairfield Prep’s mission, vision and philosophy statements
- To focus on leadership training of our students through our Leadership Retreat and periodic follow up meetings
- To involve more/new faculty and staff in Campus Ministry events
- To obtain active participation in all school liturgies including the 8am Masses in St. Joseph's Chapel by the entire Prep community.
- To continue to develop the Kairos Retreat program and to actively bring the spirit of each retreat back into the greater Prep community.
- To continue to improve the Freshman Year Experience which includes Orientation and Freshman Retreat.
- To develop/improve our follow up experiences from our retreats and service trips.