The Campus Ministry Office is established to promote Fairfield Prep's mission and to broaden the opportunities for Christian life experiences of the Prep community. Its purpose is to both provide and coordinate spiritual, service and leadership programs within the context of communal responsibility and the experiences of religious faith. The Campus Ministry Office takes an active role in promoting themes of peace and justice for all. It puts forth great effort in promoting Jesuit ideals and values as well as Ignatian Spirituality where the practice of reflection is encouraged.Spiritual and religious programs such as Kairos, Urban Plunge, and Immersion Projects, Sophomore Retreat, March for Life, ND Vision, Student Leadership Retreat, Mite Box, and the Sacraments (including school liturgies, reconciliation services, etc.) are components of Campus Ministry. Regardless of their religious affiliation, students are invited to volunteer their services to accomplish these purposes and/or participate in leadership and extended retreat programs sponsored by the Campus Ministry Office.
The Campus Ministry Student Leadership team meets every Monday after school in St. Joseph Chapel (X107). Programs are available throughout the school year, during the summer as well as February and April break.
Our monthly newsletter highlights important information for the Fairfield Prep community.
Mass is offered at 8:00am every Friday in St. Joseph 's Chapel. All are welcome including parents. Please join us after dropping off your son(s) in the morning. Mass intention requests should be submitted to the Campus Ministry office through the prayer line.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available upon request. There are also theology class reconciliation services during the seasons of Advent (seniors) and Lent (sophomores and juniors). The freshman class has the opportunity to receive the sacrament during their freshman retreat in March.
Every day at the beginning of 3rd period a prayer and the community's intentions will be read over the PA. Please give all morning prayer intentions to a Campus Ministry Staff member or the prayer line. We use the Examen Prayer every A Day for the morning prayer. Also, please let one of the Campus Ministers know at least a week in advance if you wish to have a special prayer read. At any time feel free to submit prayers you find interesting to one of the Campus Ministers. Thank you for your assistance. Students and faculty/staff are welcome to read the prayer each morning.
Please feel free to refer a student to us or make us aware of any situation that you feel we can assist with.
We also mentor groups of students including the Campus Ministry Student Leadership Team, and retreat leaders for our entire program.
The Campus MInistry Student Leadership Team meets every Monday after school in the Prep Chapel (X107).
Contact Elliott Gualtiere, Director of Campus Ministry, with any questions you may have.
Campus Ministry goals are:
- To help promote and fulfill Fairfield Prep’s mission, vision and philosophy statements
- To focus on leadership training of our students through our Leadership Retreat and periodic follow up meetings
- To involve more/new faculty and staff in Campus Ministry events
- To obtain active participation in all school liturgies including the 8am Masses in St. Joseph's Chapel by the entire Prep community.
- To continue to develop the Kairos Retreat program and to actively bring the spirit of each retreat back into the greater Prep community.
- To continue to improve the Sophomore Retreat Model and increase retreat opportunities for sophomores
- To continue to improve the Freshman Year Experience which includes Orientation, Rally Day and Freshman Retreat.
- To develop/improve our follow up experiences from our retreats and service trips.