Transportation Info & Forms
Questions? Contact the Prep Operations Office at 203-254-4200 X 2538.
Fairfield Town Buses - IMPORTANT CHANGE
- Town buses are provided for students residing in Fairfield who live more than 1.5 miles from campus. ALL residents must fill out the Fairfield Bus Choice Form to indicate if you WILL or WILL NOT use bus service. This is a new procedure required by the town this year. The routes are prepared by the town and will be shared with families as soon as they are available.
- The Fairfield Prep late bus service provides after-school service for students who live in Fairfield only. It runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. The bus will transport students to their homes within the borders of Fairfield. The bus is No. 7.
Metro North Commuters
- Metro North commuters: Fairfield Prep submits its roster of students directly to Metro North. Please complete and submit Prep’s Metro-North Student Registration form. All new students must be entered by Prep into the Metro North’s Mail&Ride system to receive the monthly ticket. Student discounted train tickets MUST be purchased online through the Metro North web site.
- Shuttle buses from the Fairfield train station to Fairfield Prep will leave beginning at 7:30 a.m. The shuttle bus will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 8. To help defray the cost of the shuttle, a fee will be charged. In order to receive a ID sticker, which will enable students to ride the shuttle, you must enroll and pay online. Your son will receive his sticker during the first week of school, or within a week of verified payment. Shuttle bus transportation will not be provided without a sticker after the first two weeks of school (grace period). Registration is open now.
There are also afternoon shuttles that leave Prep at 2:40 and 2:45 p.m. The shuttles also comes back and leaves Prep again at 3 and 3:05 p.m. Registration is open now.
- Fairfield Town Late Bus provides after-school service for students who live in Fairfield only. It runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. The #7 bus will transport students to their homes within the borders of Fairfield. NOTE: Every day a student plans to take the late bus, he must sign up by noon with Ms. Cindi Brucoli at Prep's front reception desk. This is required as the town needs an advance record of riders for health safety and seat assignment.
Paid Bus Services
Fairfield Prep subsidizes bus service to the towns of Trumbull, Monroe, Shelton, Wilton, and Ridgefield. Registration is available now.
Carpool to School
“Carpool to School” is a website for use by Prep families to arrange their own carpools for school day and after-school sports and activities. This is available for sign-up and can be found on Quicklinks.
ON-CAMPUS PARKING PERMITS
Permits for campus parking will be limited to designated areas on campus.
This year, Fairfield University has launched a new website for processing parking sticker requests. To register your car, please go to https://fairfield.nsolutions.com. You will start by creating a new account. Once the account is set up you will upload a copy of your car registration and a picture of your Prep ID. The yearly parking fee is $150 plus a small processing fee ($151.25 total). Please process your order ASAP.
This process must be done in order for DPS to issue your parking sticker. Stickers will be available to be picked up in the Prep Operations office in Xavier 101.
Note: All seniors must park in the M2 lot and Juniors must park in the G2 lot. Here's a diagram of the campus parking lots. Regardless of time of day or day of the week, you must park in your designated lot, otherwise you can be ticketed