Transportation Info & Forms
Here are some important notes regarding transportation for the 2019-20 school year.
Questions? contact the Prep Operations Office at 203-254-4200 X 3409.
- NEW: The Fairfield Prep late bus service provides after-school service for students who live in Fairfield only. It runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. The bus will transport students to their homes within the boarders of Fairfield. The bus is No. 75.
- Town buses are provided for students residing in Fairfield who live more than 1.5 miles from campus. The routes will be posted on the main bulletin board in Berchmans Hall at the end of August.
- Shuttle buses from the Fairfield train station to Fairfield Prep will leave beginning at 7:30 a.m. The shuttle bus will begin on Thursday, August 29. To help defray the cost of the shuttle, a yearly fee will be charged. In order to receive a sticker, which will enable students to ride the shuttle, you must enroll and pay online. Your son will receive his sticker during the first week of school, or within a week of verified payment. Shuttle bus transportation will not be provided without a sticker after the first two weeks of school (grace period).
- Metro North commuters: Fairfield Prep submits its roster of students directly to Metro North. Please complete and submit Prep’s Metro-North Student Registration form. All new students must be entered by Prep into the Metro North’s Mail&Ride system no later than August 10 to receive the September ticket. Student discounted train tickets MUST be purchased online through the Metro North web site.
- “Carpool to School” is a new website for use by Prep families to arrange their own carpools for school day and after-school sports and activities. This is available beginning summer 2019 and can be found on Quicklinks.