English Summer Assignments 2020
For students entering English 1 in Fall 2020.
- Assigned Summer Reading is Heroes, Gods, and Monsters of the Greek Myths by Evslin, (978-0553259209).
For students entering English 2 (EN00522) in Fall 2020.
For students entering English 2 HON (EN00521) in Fall 2020.
- Summer Assign. is to read Oedipus The Tyrant by Sophocles, (978-0801478710).
- Summer Grammar Assignment
For students entering English III AP Literature & Composition (EN00530) in Fall 2020.
- Read Ironweed by Kennedy, (978-0140070200) and The Shipping News, by Proulx.
- Complete the Summer Assignments.
For students entering American Literature (EN00532) in Fall 2020.
For students entering American Studies in Fall 2020.
- Read Mayflower, by Philbrick (978-0143111979) and Into The Wild, by Krakauer (978-0385486804)
- complete the Summer Assignments.
For students entering AP English Language and Composition (EN00541) in Fall 2020.
For students entering Literature of Politics in Fall 2020.
For students entering British Writers in Fall 2020.
- Read Beowulf, by Heaney (978-0393320978)
For students entering The Literature of Industry (EN00543) in Fall 2020.
For students entering American Drama and Film (EN00556) in Fall 2020.
- Instructor will communicate assignment directly to those enrolled in the course.