The Bellarmine Guild of Fairfield Prep
Welcome to the 2021-2022 Nominations Page of the Bellarmine Guild!
The Bellarmine Guild is fortunate to have a vibrant group of mothers and caregivers from a variety of backgrounds who volunteer their time, energy, and talents to the Fairfield Prep community. Being a board member is a great way get involved in your son’s school, meet fellow Prep moms, and come together as a school community to promote a positive and fun experience for all of us at Prep. Whether through our service projects, enrichment events, or social activities you can be part of this amazing group of women. There are many different levels of commitment, so if you are a working mother, please do not rule out this great opportunity.
Since its inception in 1942, the Bellarmine Guild has been a very important link between mothers and the school and we invite you to join us by nominating yourself (or a friend!) for a position on next year’s board. Nominations open February 26th and close March 12th. The Nominations Form and the details on how to nominate yourself and/or a friend (including moms/caregivers of incoming Freshman) for the 2021-2022 Board, as well as details regarding open positions and the associated responsibilities, are located on this page. It is IMPORTANT to note that you MUST nominate yourself/friend for THREE choices in order to be considered for a board position. Every effort is made to offer volunteers their first choice but in the event that we cannot accommodate your first choice, we need alternative choices so that we can place you on the board. If you have any questions, please contact our Nominations Chairs, Melissa Gough and Shelia Sullivan.
Thank you in advance for your interest and commitment to Fairfield Prep. Go Prep!
Mary Ellen Brennan-Connelly & Maureen Sawyer
2020-2021 Bellarmine Guild Co-Vice Presidents
Overall Board Member Responsibilities
Officers and committee chairs shall serve a one-year term (unless otherwise specified in the position/committee description) commencing with the late May/early June board meeting immediately following the nomination period. The exceptions are the treasurer, communications chairs and nominations chairs, who serve two-year terms.
Aside from their specific responsibilities as outlined in the board position and committee descriptions, each committee shall also:
- Prepare a report of its duties and procedures to be handed over to the current vice presidents at such time as decided by the executive board;
- Attend monthly Guild board meetings, which will be held on the second Wednesday of each month from September until June or, in the event that they cannot attend, notify the presidents in advance and send qualified replacements if necessary;
- Attend events sponsored by the Guild;
- Vote on key issues;
- Report regularly to the Guild and/or Co-Presidents;
- Have fun and promote school spirit and pride.
- Co-Vice Presidents (2)
- Treasurer (1)
- Recording Secretaries (up to 2)
- Staff Appreciation Committee (4)
- Freshman Representatives (2)
- Sophomore Representatives (2)
- Junior Representatives (2)
- Senior Representatives (2)
- Hospitality Committee (3)
- Nominating/Volunteer Coordinators (2)
- Fall Social Committee (Up to 4)
- Spring Fashion Show Committee (Up to 5)
- Enrichment Committee (Up to 3)
- Communications Committee (Up to 3)
- Spirituality Committee (Up to 3)
- Sunshine Coordinator (1)
- Spring Auction Liaison (1)
- Prep Pride Liaison (1)
- Photography Committee (Up to 3)
- "Prep 101" Coordinator
- Service Project Committee (Up to 3)
- Slide Show Coordinator
- SEED Liaison