Since its inception in 2014, Fairfield Prep has welcomed dozens of students from overseas as part of our International Students Program. Through a partnership with Apex International Education Partners (AIEP), international students live near the Prep campus and learn in the same classroom settings as their domestic peers.
- International students coming directly from studies in their home country will be considered only for the incoming freshman class or the rising sophomore class. Applicants to junior year or senior will not be considered.
- International students coming directly from studies at another school in the United States will be considered for the incoming freshman class or for the rising sophomore or rising junior classes.
- Registration as a client of Apex International Education Partners, LLC (AIEP) is required for all international students.
- AIEP is the exclusive agent for arranging for the international student's host family; Fairfield Prep does not make such arrangements.
- Upon enrollment at Fairfield Prep, all international students are required to remain clients in good standing of AIEP.
- Note that AIEP charges its own fees, which are in addition to tuition and fees charged by Fairfield Prep.
- Demonstrated English proficiency in oral and written modes is required.
- An interview of all applicants is required, either in person or via the Internet.
- All international applicants must be prepared to meet the requirements imposed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for issuance by Fairfield Prep of the I-20, as well as other requirements for issuance of the F-1 (student) visa by the U.S. Consulate. Such requirements include, but are not limited to, demonstration of the family's financial resources sufficient to meet all costs associated with attending school in the United States.
- Payment of all tuition and fees to Fairfield Prep is required for enrollment; a payment plan is not available for international students.
- Financial aid is not available for international students.
- Spaces in the International Student Program are limited; applications for ISP admission will be considered on a rolling admissions, space-available basis.
The Admissions Office will begin work on international admission applications after the beginning of spring semester.
- Register with Apex International Education Partners, LLC (AIEP). All international students are required to register as clients of AIEP.
- Complete the admission application process, including paperwork required for I-20 processing:
- Admission application form completed online
- Application Fee of $60
- School Recommendation - by head of school or his/her designee
- Current mathematics teacher's recommendation
- Current English teacher's recommendation
- Current grade transcript with first marking period's grades
- TOEFL Score
- Interview, in-person or online.
- Copy of passport.
- Declaration and Certification of Finances form.
- Certified bank letter showing financial resources sufficient to pay all costs associated with studying in the United States.
Fairfield Prep established the International Student Program (ISP) in the fall of 2014. The decision followed a 2008 mandate by the Society of Jesus that Jesuit schools should develop programs emphasizing the importance of the modern global family. Prep joined other Jesuit secondary schools in a July 2012 colloquium to discuss the mandate and share ideas on its implementation, leading to the program’s establishment in 2014.
Although Prep has always welcomed foreign students, the establishment of the ISP marked the first time that a formal program of study for nonimmigrant foreign students had been put in place at Fairfield Prep. For the ISP's inaugural year, Fairfield Prep welcomed a total of 11 international students, spread throughout freshman, sophomore and junior years.