Due to current conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Fairfield Prep has made the decision to waive the entrance exam requirement for the Class of 2025 only.
The Fairfield Prep Entrance Exam is a mandatory part of the application process and makes up one of four criteria considered by the Admissions Committee. The following are the four criteria, each of which is weighted equally in the committee’s consideration:
- 7th & 8th Grade Transcripts
- Entrance Exam Scores
- Student Essay & Parent Statement
- 8th Grade Teacher Recommendation
Fairfield Prep uses the The High School Placement Test (HSPT®) as the entrance exam during the admissions process. The HSPT is a comprehensive placement test for eighth graders for placement in the ninth grade.
The test time is about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The test structure is divided into 5 parts:
- Verbal Skills
- Quantitative Skills Reading (Comprehensive and Vocabulary)
- Reading (Comprehensive and Vocabulary)