FOR FALL 2024 ENTRY:
- Fairfield Prep defines a Transfer Applicant as a ninth or tenth grade student currently attending a school where he could continue but who instead wishes to come to Fairfield Prep for his tenth grade or eleventh grade.
(Note that if you are currently in ninth grade in a school that ends in ninth grade you should apply under the Applicant for Sophomore Matriculation track).
Although a Transfer Applicant is welcome to apply for financial aid, be advised that financial aid is generally not available for transfer applicants, as available monies are disbursed first to continuing students, incoming freshmen and applicants for sophomore matriculation. Therefore, a transfer applicant should plan to pay for his first year's tuition at Prep in its entirety.
The following is the admission application process timetable for Transfer Applicants for fall 2024 entry:
First Step: Create your online Prep Admissions Account.
Beginning in January 2024: Contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the required interview.
Rolling Admissions: The Admissions Committee adjudicates transfer applications on a rolling admissions, space available basis. The following items must be received by the Office of Enrollment & Marketing before the interview:
- Admission application form
- Application Fee of $70
- School Recommendation - by head of school or his/her designee
- Current mathematics teacher's recommendation
- Current English teacher's recommendation
- Current grade transcript with first marking period's grades
- Interscholastic Athletic History form.
The due date for the non-refundable enrollment fee ($2,200) to hold the accepted applicant's spot in the rising class will be indicated in the acceptance letter. (This non-refundable fee will be applied to the first semester's tuition).
NOTE REGARDING COMMON RECOMMENDATION FORMS: As a member of Fairchester Independent Schools, Fairfield Prep accepts the Fairchester Common Recommendation forms in lieu of the standard Prep recommendation form.
Recommendations must be submitted through the Admissions account or via email directly by the recommender.