Arrupe Virtual Learning Institute
Fairfield Prep offers students the opportunity to take courses online through the Arrupe Virtual Learning Institute (AVLI).Launched in the 2018 academic year, Fairfield Prep’s partnership with the AVLI (formerly the Jesuit Virtual Learning Academy) expands academic opportunities for Prep students by allowing them to enroll in a number of new and exciting courses such as Bioethics, Computer Game Development, Principles of Engineering and Mandarin. Eight of these courses are AP courses, and students successfully completing selected courses are eligible to earn three college credits per class through Creighton University.
AVLI courses are taught by passionate faculty members from Jesuit schools across the United States, just like our teachers here at Prep, who are both certified in the subject matter and have gone through extensive training to teach online. Students will complete assignments based on a schedule set by their teacher, listen to lectures, participate in discussions, complete assessments and learn how to succeed in an online learning environment, preparing them for future online learning opportunities in the future.
To help them succeed, Fairfield Prep offers a dedicated time, space, and on-campus resource person to assist these students in their classes.
For more information, visit the AVLI website.
- Advanced Digital Photography
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- Astronomy: An Introduction
- C++ Programming
- Catholic Authors
- Comic Book Fiction
- Computer Game Development
- Computer Science Principles
- Database Development for Real World Problems
- Digital Photography
- Engineering Principles
- Genocide and the Holocaust
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Introduction to Veterinary Careers
- Law & Society
- Model UN / International Relations
- Multimedia Authorship
- Playing with Legos: An Introduction to Computer Programming Through Lego Building
- Powered By: The Science of Energy
- Statistical Reasoning in Sports
- The Art of Drama
- Today's Latin America
- Understanding Artificial Intelligence: The Science and the Morality
- "You Shall Not Pass"
- AP Art History
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP Music Theory
- AP World History
- AP Environmental Science
- Chinese Mandarin Level I
- Chinese Mandarin Level II
- Italian Level I
- Italian Level II
- Multivariable Calculus
Courses in bold are dual credit courses. By successfully completing these courses, students are eligible to earn 3 college credits through Creighton University.