Fairfield Prep Reopening
Updated on Sept. 24, 2020
Fairfield Prep administrators continue to work diligently to maintain a safe school environment during the Coronavirus pandemic. Prep is committed to the health and safety of every person on the campus and we are following state public health guidelines very closely.
On this page, you will find details about the Prep Edge learning model, a list of frequently asked questions, news updates and email communications to parents.
- Reopening Email Communications
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- Reopening News
- PREP Edge: Daily, Live, Face-to-Face Learning
- Infographics: Safety Protocols for Students, Faculty, Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Mass on Friday, Sept. 18, will also include the Missioning of President Christian J. Cashman.
On this evening, parents will have the opportunity to virtually visit each of your son’s classes to meet his teachers and hear about the plan for the year ahead.
This year, Fairfield University has launched a new website for processing parking sticker requests.
Fairfield Prep has opened a dedicated phone number specifically dedicated to COVID-19.
Can't make it to campus? You can take an actual interactive, VR tour of Prep in our latest video.
Reopening Protocols & Procedures
Fairfield Prep's Reopening Plan 2020-21 provides a look at how the school intends to facilitate a safe learning environment for the academic year.
Below are the specifics pertaining to a variety of topics important to students and families.
- When will classes begin?
- Will classes be in-person or remote this fall?
- What will a day look like when they are learning from home?
- Have there been any changes made to the academic calendar?
- What safety protocols are being put in place in classrooms?
- Will students be required to wear masks on campus? Will Prep provide masks to students?
- What support will be available for students who struggle with virtual learning? How will it be different from spring?
- What safety precautions has Prep enacted to guard against COVID-19?
- Are all teachers going to be on campus this fall? Are some teaching remotely?
- Will faculty and staff be required to wear masks?
- What will you do if a student tests positive for COVID-19?
- Are you doing contact tracing? What will be the protocol if (when) a student or staff member becomes infected during the year?
- Will students be required to get COVID tested/provide proof of results before going to campus in person?
- What will be the protocol for the boys changing classes and being in the hallways?
- My son is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19. Who do I contact at Prep?
- What changes are being made for lunchtime at the Student Life Center?
- Will clubs and activities continue to meet?
- What is the status of Christian Service immersion trips?
- Are retreats happening this academic year?
- Will Prep hold Mass for all students?
- Will students be traveling to Panama and Peru this year?
- What type of privileges will the seniors get to make this a special year for them?
- What will lunch look like on campus?
Fairfield Prep is pleased to announce a new learning model for the start of the 2020-21 academic year: PREP Edge.
PREP Edge — which stands for Engaged, Daily, Guided Education — will allow for daily, live, face-to-face learning within the Fairfield Prep weekly block schedule. Students will be divided into two houses — Loyola House and Ignatius House — and each house will attend class on campus during alternating days to lower density in our school buildings and allow us to meet and exceed health guidelines for cohorts and physical distancing.
President Christian J. Cashman and Principal Dr. Tommy de Quesada provided all of the specifics about PREP Edge in an email sent to Prep families on Aug. 14.