Our Jesuit Tradition
As a Jesuit college preparatory high school, Fairfield Prep shares a rich heritage of more than 450 years stretching back to the life and religious experience of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits).
It is part of a world-wide network of educational institutions that embrace and carry out the Jesuit mission of educating young men and women to be leaders in every aspect of contemporary society.
- Fairfield Prep is a member of a global network of schools renowned for their commitment to academic excellence and promoting a faith oriented by service and social justice.
- The members of Prep's faculty believe in and are deeply committed to the school's Jesuit mission. All teachers share Prep's sense of mission, of leading young men to a deeper realization of God's role in their lives, regardless of each student's faith background or commitment.
- At Prep, the learning that takes place is characterized by thoroughness and a desire for excellence; students are given learning skills that will last a lifetime.
- Students are led to find God in their world. Through the retreat experiences that Prep offers they strive to discover God in themselves and in the lives of those around them and gain new perspectives on their relationships with God.
- Students are given opportunities to serve those in need in their communities and beyond. Thus, they are helped to see the relationship between this service and the call of the Church in our world.