The Boughton Academic Center & Library staff want to ensure that your experience with us is successful. Therefore, the following policies and procedures are in accordance with the Fairfield Prep student handbook. All policies are in effect during normal hours of operation (8:00-4:00) Monday - Friday.
- Students must present a Fairfield Prep picture ID upon entering the Academic Center.
- Students can obtain a new Fairfield Prep picture ID by visiting the Dean of Students office.
- Students will sign up for a study carrel upon entering the main doors. Students will be assigned a carrel with or without a computer based on need and availability.
- Students are responsible for their study carrel for the duration of the period.
- Eating and drinking is an activity allowed only in the Prep Cafeteria.
- Cell phones found in the Academic Center will be brought to the Dean of Students by a staff member.
- Book bags are to remain in student lockers.
- Music playing devices are fun at home, not the Academic Center.
- To keep in the spirit of quiet academic study, please refrain from talking.
- Window shades will be adjusted by staff members only.
- Computers are to be used for academic work only as stated in Fairfield Prep’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Students are encouraged to use the Prep Cafeteria for interactive and group study.
- Ask questions often, we are here to assist in all of your academic pursuits!
1st offense - loss of room privilege for 1 cycle
2nd offense - loss of room privilege for 1 month
3rd offense - loss of room privilege for 1 semester
All Prep students are allowed to take home materials from the Fairfield Prep collection for a period of two weeks. Items may be renewed twice for a period of one week each. The official Prep ID card is needed to check out library materials. Search the Fairfield Prep library collection.
To check out library materials, bring the selected items and your Prep ID to the Circulation Desk. Any Library Services Staff member can assist you in the check-out process.
Fines of $0.25 will be charged for each day a book is overdue.
Lost or stolen books will be replaced by the student. See Director of the Academic Center, Mr. Davis, for the cost of the book plus processing fees.
Fairfield University Library
Juniors and seniors are allowed to borrow 3 materials from the Fairfield University Dimenna-Nyselius Library for a period of 4 weeks with a Prep ID card. Freshmen and sophomores are allowed to borrow items from the Dimenna-Nyselius Library with the permission of the Academic Center Director, Mr. Davis. An “Interlibrary Loan” card must be filled out by the student and signed by the Librarian prior to the student going to the Dimenna-Nyselius Library to select their materials.