Incoming Freshman - Financial Aid
APPLYING FOR TUITION ASSISTANCE - FINANCIAL AID
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND TO COMPLY WITH ALL DEADLINES!
GENERAL NOTES ON APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
(Specific instructions are found on the SAF and on the Financial Aid Checklist.)
- A Student Aid Form (SAF) must be filled out, signed and mailed to Private School Aid Service (PSAS) with the required fee and required supporting documentation. The postmark deadline for mailing the SAF to PSAS is November 1 for Early Decision applicants and November 15 for Regular Decision applicants. You may download a PDF of the Student Aid Form by clicking on the link above. (If you are unable to download the form, please contact us.)
DO NOT SEND the Student Aid Form to Fairfield Prep. The address to which the Student Aid Form should be mailed is
Private School Aid Service
PO Box 89434
Cleveland OH 44101-6434
Note that the PSAS School Authorization Code for Fairfield Prep is 1479.
- IRS form 4506-T must be filled out, signed, dated and submitted to the Dean of Enrollment & Marketing by the same dates. You may download a PDF version of this form by clicking on the link above.There is no fee for this form. When filling out IRS form 4506-T, you will note that certain boxes have already been fillied in. Do not change any information that has already been filled in.
DO NOT SEND the IRS form 4506-T to the Internal Revenue Service. DO NOT SEND the IRS form 4506-T to Private School Aid Service. The address to which the IRS form 4506-T should be mailed is
Dean of Enrollment and Marketing
Fairfield College Preparatory School
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield CT 06824
With IRS form 4506-T include a note that indicates your son's name. DO NOT WRITE his name on the form itself.
- The Financial Aid Committee will adjudicate all requests for financial aid according to (1) its determination of need (using the objective analysis supplied by PSAS as well as pertinent subjective factors) and (2) available financial aid funds.
- Priority in awarding financial aid is given to those applications filed on time; late applications risk a reduced or zero award, regardless of determined need.
- For financial aid applications filed on time, notice of the Financial Aid Committee's decision will be made at the same time that notice of the admissions decision is made.
FILING YOUR APPLICATION
There are two options for filing your financial aid application. You may file ONLINE or by PAPER (PDF).
OPTION 1: FILING ONLINE
Private School Aid Service offers an online version of the Student Aid Form. If you have already filled out and submitted a PDF or paper application, DO NOT fill out the online form.
SPECIAL NOTES ON FILING ONLINE: (1) Please bear in mind that you will still have to mail to PSAS required back-up documents in order to complete your application. (2) You must also still fill out and mail to Fairfield Prep IRS form 4506-T.
Click on the following links to file your online application:
Financial Aid Checklist for Online Application
Link to PSAS website
IRS form 4506-T
OPTION 2: FILING BY PAPER APPLICATION
If you prefer, you may file a paper Student Aid Form by downloading a PDF version of the SAF.
Click on the following links to download forms; read the directions that follow.
Financial Aid Checklist for Paper Application
Student Aid Form
IRS form 4506-T
If you are unable to download a PDF version of the application materials, please contact the Office of Enrollment & Marketing at email@example.com or 203-254-4210.